Saturday, February 18, 2017

What Have You Been Doing in Second Life Lately?




There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people.

G. K. Chesterton







OK, the title to this story is not a trick question!

(Significant Other appears doubtful.)

With the Big Thoughts of 2017 and Sansar’s anticipated arrival any year behind us now, with all the other excitement of Second Life (SL) and Real Life (RL) behind us now, what do you do to pass the time?   

What’s good, old fashioned, everyday life like inworld for you now?

Take me for example.

(Significant Other snickers.)

I’m always exploring inworld.


My perennial quest is for new places to visit, new friends to meet, and new experiences to have.

And, I’d be lying if I said life inworld for me was an unending, hectic series of adventures. 

Sometimes, a little boredom inworld is a good thing I find.

(Significant Other adds that this explains a lot about our real life together.)

What about you?

I’ve learned a few things about some of you so far.

(Not to worry, I’m not going to name names or other incriminating details.)

Some of you are there for the social life.  Dancing, attending live music events, or simply hanging out with friends.  A few just sit by themselves and take in the view.

Others are there for the technical aspects of SL.  Building things and challenging themselves to test the limits of what’s possible inworld.

Roleplay occupies some.

And, my list wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t mention sex!

Starting to sound a lot like RL doesn’t it?

I’m beginning to believe that many of us, after the initial orgy (I choose this world deliberately) of excitement of being in SL, drift into habits not terribly dissimilar from what we do in RL.

Scary, huh?

Do you think so too?

How do you pass your time inworld in the most ordinary ways possible?

Please send me your thoughts and if I get enough replies then I’ll write a follow-up story.

Let’s not take advantage of my three loyal readers and get a few new respondents!

Look forward to receiving your replies! 

As always, I’m grateful to all inworld for their kindness and time in stopping to talk with a stranger who was passing through their lives. 

My Twitter handle is @webspelunker.  Please feel free to follow me and I’d be happy to follow you.

I can be found on Google+ as webspelunker Ghostraven.

My flickr Photostream is located here.

On Skype I’m webspelunker Ghostraven.

I welcome feedback from readers, please either comment on my blog or e-mail me at webspelunker@gmail.com . 

            If you would like to read about my other adventures in Second Life
 please click here.

            Open roads and kind fires!





No comments: